Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Making things harder.

Another day comes up and find out something else that just makes me very mad. I have a very very low income, I work in a gas station that pays $6.00 an hour and I work 25 to 30 hours a week, and I saport my disabled husband and our three kids and our grand-daughter, so a total of five people. And if you do the math with house payment of $400.00 and then utility bills and gas and food or any of the other things in life that come up it leaves little to nothing for us to live on. So Christmas for us this year is going to be non-existent. I rely on layaway programs at the near-by Wal-Mart, only to find out that this year they have discontinued the layaway program, so this has me looking somewhere else for layaway. Target doesn't do layaway, I found that Kmart does layaway too, but here's the thing that just ticks me off to the max! They charge $5.00 to put it on layaway. I had done a layaway a month ago there and thought that a NEW layaway meant that it was for the first time you use their layaway. Nope, not the case. It is every time you use their service. I understand the $5.00 if they have to put it back on the self, but the last one I did was in and out in a month. What I guess makes me mad is that some of us have no way to do Christmas, and then the stores have to make another dollar here another dollar there. Times are very very hard for some of us and then to have to pay $5.00 extra to have the store hold the gift till I can pay it off is unreal. I can not believe that a store like Kmart/Sears would do that. Of course I suppose they are after the all mighty dollar and really have no concerns for the poor people. I'm sure as they see it, you can put it on layaway in their store, or go somewhere else.

No comments:

Things

here